ABC has 3 clinics on-site which cater to the medical needs of your children. The highly qualified and well-trained nurses are always available to attend to any medical issues, minor or serious, that may arise during school hours. Parents can rest assured that their sons and daughters are being well-looked after by professionals.
- Medication administration and care of children with specific medical needs such as asthma and diabetes
- Assessment of minor health complaints
- First Aid treatment for accidents or emergencies during the school day
- Annual Health Screening Checks; height, weight and BMI calculation to monitor and maintain the health of all children in school
- Supporting the school health services from HAAD in providing vaccinations as per the HAAD schedule
- Health and wellness promotion
Healthy Eating in School
If you are sending a lunchbox for your child, you must ensure that it consists of healthy and nutritious snacks.
A healthy lunch keeps active kids alert and focused and gives them the nutrition they need every day. But no matter how healthy your child’s lunch box is, it won’t provide any nutritional value if it doesn’t get eaten!
- Be creative and mix it up
- Choose from a variety of food types: fruit and vegetables, starchy food, protein and dairy
- Don’t forget the WATER!
- Don’t include any of the food on the schools banned list